Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Home.

Lately I have been spending a lot of time to my self. I'm the type of person who likes to stay busy,have a million different tasks going on in order to feel normal. Always on my phone,emails,calls,music on..that kind of thing. I hate feeling stressed,but I LOVE it and need it at the same time. {if that makes any sense}
As I sit here alone, in a quiet room I begin to think,meditate on my life, my hopes,dreams,fears and I pray. I've been praying and meditating for a few weeks now and I must say I feel at peace with my self. It's good to take a step back and just think. Hear what your heart has to say and let your mind wander.
I can't help but miss those I left behind; friends,family,career. All to try and search for my self,who I am and who I want to become. I definitely took some things and people for granted.
Example A:
Parents: Being able to stop by my parents house anytime to visit,chat & raid the fridge and feel at home no matter what.
Being able to pick up left overs from my moms amazing cooking she had done that day and so kindly saved some for me to eat.
Example B:
Siblings: Spending time with my siblings, watching a movie,asking my genius little brother to help me download new songs to my ipod, God knows how he does it. I sure don't.
I constantly got annoyed or bored , just imagine a 22 year old && 15 year old brothers,together? Ummm recipe for drama,drama,drama. 
And can I just quickly mention, how much they eat?! Umm they can each eat a cow. No joke. I'm like, how in the world are you going to finish a blender full of protein shake. FULL. To the very top of the blender. No cup necessary according to my little brother Josue. 
Example C:  Babysitting my niece & nephew. I have an adorable,gorgeous niece  named Dannika && a gorgeous,ham of a boy named Skyler. Dannika is two, full of life and energy.  I sure miss her the most, she loves to feed our family  beta fish named Paco & she also loves feeding our yorkie Cleo. At times I got frustrated running around after her and being exhausted. I miss her yelling "Tia Anea", stretching out her hand so I'd take her to the back yard and play on the swings. Her favorite, driving around with her as she points out all the cows and horses out on the field on the way to grandpa's shop.  She always said Abaco, for caballo in spanish which means horse. Ha even when I'm by myself I smile and think there's the abaco ,Dannika would love it.She loves animals {I'm getting emotional} moving on..
^^ But can you blame me?! She's the cutest && OMG her outfits, I die. She has the best personality && sense of fashion. [look at that scarf!]
Example D:
Dad,what can I say I'm a daddy's girl!
Stopping by my dad's shop and getting my oil changed,car cleaned and  checked before any major trip or just around town.  Because I'm the world's WORST keeping up with your car maintenance besides gas kind of person && sometimes I even fail at that. And did I mention for FREE?!
Example E:
Friends: Being able to call any of them to chat,gossip or meet up for happy hour that isn't the local " Applebees". I can't even make a phone call, my cell doesn't have service here.  NO network, actually. I have AT&T. The world's largest  provider? What??? Yeah I call that,bullshit. Raising the bar AT&T? Please raise it a little higher because here in Wyoming, it sure ain't working.
Like the accent I've acquired so far? ;) 
&& the little cuss word.
:O
Ya that's Wyoming.
So today hug your loved one a little tighter,tell them how much you love them and appreciate them, don't let the everyday life get in the way of what's really important.
FAMILY.
Tell them now,in person, while you can,every chance you can.
Because some day you won't be able to just  feel "at home".
Xoxo,Andrea Sarai

No comments:

Post a Comment